- Tennis and Covid 19 Guidelines|
- FRIENDS OF HERMAN PARK NEWSLETTER
- SOCCER FIELD CAMPAIGN
- YOUTH SOCCER
- 2021 PICKLEBALL COURT SCHEDULES
- 2021 PICKLEBALL RESERVATIONS
- 2020 TENNIS PROGRAMS
- DISC GOLF COURSE LAYOUT
- DISC GOLF SCORE CARDS
- PARK RESERVATION FORM
- PAVILION RESERVATION FORM AND RULES
- TOWNSHIP PARKS AND RECREATION PLAN 2019-2023
The Suttons Bay Township Parks and Recreation Committee|
The Parks and Recreation Committee currently consists of seven members. These members are volunteers who are appointed by the Township Board for varying terms. The Committee is responsible for developing the "Suttons Bay Township Community Park, Recreation and Open Space Plan". The current plan was updated on January 12, 2019 and is effective through 2023.
Members of the Committee are:
1)Gary Devol a graduate of Ohio State University. Worked for the Boy Scouts of America before starting a long teaching career. Was elected to the Suttons Bay School Board and also serves as the treasurer of the Suttons Bay Sports Booster Club.
2)Gary Hoensheid is retired from Pfizer Inc. His wife Jana is a retired School Social Worker. Son Ryan is a graduate of Michigan Tech and son Taylor is a senior at Michigan Tech. In 2009 Gary walked 30 days on an ancient Pilgrim Trail in Spain as a fund raiser for Herman Park.
3)Pete Ostrowski recently retired from Cone Drive. He was the Environmental, Health and Safety manager. He enjoys all outdoor activities, especially hiking, backpacking, cross country skiing and snowshoeing. Pete plays most net sports especially tennis and table tennis. The Leelanau Trail is a major attraction for him and he uses it as often as he can.
5)Dennis Rathnaw currently serves as the chair person for the Suttons Bay Township Planning Commission.
6)Debbie Slocombe,current township trustee, is a Landscape Architect from Purdue University. She has owned and operated Creative Designscapes for 28 years. She promotes youth sports programs and has coached youth soccer for 16 years. Debbie is also involved with showing and boarding horses.
The following ad-hoc members provide additional resources for our Committee:
1) Richard Bahle is the Township Supervisor (as was his great grandfather). He is the fourth generation owner and employee of Bahles of Suttons Bay. Rich can usually be seen running, bicycling, kayaking or cross country skiing.
2) Barbara Nelson-Jameson Retired after 40 years with the National Park Service. Barb's expertise has helped us with a number of successful grant applications.
3) Dr. Jerry Linenger is a retired Captain in the United States Navy Medical Corps and a former NASA Astronaut who flew on the Space Shuttle Atlantis and the Russian Space Station Mir.